Addie and I were finished shopping at a grocery store called The Good Food Store (Justin hates it there because it is filled with hippies). We were exiting the premises when Addie spotted that there were shopping carts with cars attached to them. Being tired and wanting it her way she decided to throw a fit all the way back to the car insisting that she ride in one of their cars. After I strapped in my screaming child into her car seat, some random lady walks up to me gives me a hug and says hang in there mom. She proceeds to tell me that she was praying to Jesus that I would win this fit with my child. She continues to dote on how cute Addie is ask if we were Irish and finally introduced herself. I don't know where else someone would hug a random stranger. It's all about free love here.
Last weekend we got to take Addie to Lolo's school carnival. She enjoyed all the kids and the games. She wanted nothing to do with cotton candy and then we waited in line for a half an hour for an animal balloon which lasted the walk home. We also went Missoula's only indoor water park. Our friends in married student housing invited us to come to their social gathering so it was free. For Addison it was heaven. She got to see their little girl Anali (Addie calls here Anna) and play in the water. The whole car ride over it was "swim swim Anna Anna".
She really loved to just lie on her back.
We also got to go to Bozeman for General Conference. It was great to see Justin's family again, however the night we had everyone sleeping over Addie wakes up throwing up and having exciting diapers. Her poor stomach has always been strange. She did have some ice cream and I think that's what set it off. So we are cutting out a lot of her dairy.
Addie on her new bike. Of course she has some growing to do, her feet don't reach the pedals yet.
6 comments:
It's always good to know people are praying for you! I think here in Utah you might just get some strange looks and people thinking "can't you control your child" and I'm sure they'd add something about how your pregant again. I only say this because my neighbor just had her 5th and I hear or am told things like that about her quite frequently!
Anyway, I'm glad things are going well for you, sounds like you're a great mom!
That is great. You are right about only in Missoula but more importantly only at the Good Food Store. Gotta love those Hippies!
Sometimes it's just good to have a hug no matter who it comes from. i'm glad you can endure pregnancy and having a kid i don't know if I'll ever be able to survive that. I hope you keep hanging in there.
That is such a funny story!! I can't believe that a woman just came up to you and hugged you. I would have probably freaked out. Addie is just so cute. I love the pool picture and she looks so grown up on her bike. :)
K WHAT?? I didn't know you were PREGO!! How exciting! I've been to Missoula and even ridden on the carousel (sp?) Addie on her new bike.. aww I LOVE HER!
Such a funny story. Glad she was praying for you, oh I'm laughing right now. Kids! They throw fits about anything and anywhere. Glad the name Anna made your blog. :) Such a good name. Too bad you have to cut out the ice cream. She will live a deprived childhood now. jk. All looks cute!
Post a Comment