
This past weekend I got the most superb surprise. Justin and I were speaking in church and I was a little concerned how we were going to watch Addie since
#1 She does not like to sit still
#2 Justin is on crutches so we can't take turns
#3 We are new to the ward and don't fell comfortable asking people to watch her
But I knew we would figure it out. Of course I must of told my mom these concerns on one of our many phone conversations, but didn't think anything of it. On Saturday while Addie was taking her nap I was finishing up my last minute preparations on my talk when Justin came home from work and who walked in the door but my most adorable parents. I had no idea that they were planning a trip to Montana to help us out on Sunday. I couldn't believe that they would make the eight hour drive for us. Justin and I have talked how it is hard to not live in the same city (or state) as family, but really that has not stopped our family from helping us out. It is a bigger sacrifice they make for us since we are not conveniently down the street, but I am so blessed that they are willing to make it.


The Irony
So we had a fun day of swimming and hanging out. The next day we get a phone call and church is cancelled. We had freezing rain the night before and the church parking lot was completely frozen. My parents weren't able to help us out on Sunday but I don't think they realize how refreshing it is for me when they do visit. They bring such a feeling of love. They came up because they love us. It is wonderful to have them adore Addison and want to be a part of her life.
Justin and I couldn't have thanked them enough. We were awestruck that they did this. We decided that is exactly the kind of parents/grandparents we want to be. Thanks Mom and Dad for being such a great example!
2 comments:
I liked this template too. I do talk to Shan and see her every now and then. We both live in Logan but can't seem to ever hang out. It's hard because she normally wants to hang out at night and my husband is home then so I want to hang out with him. Being married is tough. Kidding. Your parents rock! I wish mine would surprise me more often. I don't know when shelley's wedding is...I should go.
I love your blog Nina! Addie is SO dang cute! I miss you! When will you be in Utah again?!
Post a Comment